FEEDBACK:



An essay about Easter Everywhere, written by artist and educator Emily Rosamond, has been published in Esse Arts & Opinions , Issue #69, Bling Bling, (Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Summer, 2010). You can look at low-res jpegs of the article layout below (click on them for enlargement):







A letter sent to the Filmmaker, late September, 2008:

"Dear Jeremy,

[...] Last night, Eric Metcalfe visited the University of Victoria to deliver an Artist's Talk. He showed Steel and Flesh. I immediately thought of your latest film piece. Perhaps you were directly referencing S&F. I'm not sure - I'm a bit slow with those things, but I enjoyed feeling a type of companion energy between the two.

But thinking more about your piece - I liked the repetition. I like how it really made certain things stick, like Eric's search for freedom, and all the romanticism wrapped up in that - a Gulf Island, being "off the grid" - longing, being tired, being lonely. I felt that it was dripping with West Coast sentiment, especially now that I am here in Victoria, and this strange feeling of being in a kind of bottle neck, where people have come, in a sense, to lick their wounds - and this is all the more visceral as I recognize my own participation in this.

Thank you for showing your work Jeremy. I decided to put off watching it again until the first viewing trickles down a bit more - thank you for the preview copy.

Yours, Michael Drebert [artist and colleague]."





Contact Jeremy Todd (an email link is on the top right of the page).